The federal high court Awka finished Chief Victor Umeh in its judgement sacking him today as the candidate of Labour party for Anambra central senatorial zone.
The court ordered;
1. That INEC should delete the name of Chief Victor Umeh as the candidate of Labour party in Anambra central senatorial zone from the list of candidates for 2023 General Elections.
2. That INEC should not print any ballot paper with Labour party’s logo in Anambra central senatorial zone.
3. That Labour party should no longer introduce Chief Victor Umeh to any any individual, group or organization as the candidate of the party for Anambra central senatorial zone for February 25 general elections.
4. That Chief Victor Umeh should no longer organize or attend any campaigns as the candidate of the Labour party in Anambra central senatorial zone.
5. That Umeh should no longer parade himself as candidate of Labour party for Anambra central senatorial zone.
6. That Chief Senator Victor Umeh is still a member of APGA and not a member of the Labour party and can not contest election on the platform of the party.
The court also stated that the list of Labour party members who filled Umeh’s nomination form showed that they signed the form less than 30 days to the Labour party primaries which violates the electoral act.
This judgement is water tight. It tied Umeh from every corner.
Umeh is completely out of Anambra Central Senatorial Zone. Appeal court will not deliver judgement before February 25.