Resolutions of the meeting held by the Ag Edo Governor at the Government House in Benin City, Edo State with Traditional Rulers, LGC heads, Vigilantes, Hunters, etc.
1. That everybody currently residing in any forest in Edo State in the guise of camping should vacate such areas with immediate effect.
The acting Governor has mandated all acting LGC heads to use all the security apparatus including the police, army, Vigilante groups, hunters and others to forcefully remove any airing groups or individuals within the next 10 days.
2. The LGA as a matter of urgency should recruit hunters and vigilante groups who understand the terrain in their areas to assist in this task.
Government also directed that such volunteers should be placed on monthly stipends by all the LGC for effective discharge of this onerous task.
3. Provide the necessary logistics and equipment for the task. This includes weapons, ammunition and uniforms.
4. That henceforth, traditional rulers and village heads who have collected money from herdsmen therefore permitting any form of camping or grazing in any Edo State forest should refund such money and ask the herdsmen to leave with immediate effect.
5. After 10 days from today, traditional rulers and village heads will now be held responsible for any act of kidnapping or terrorism in their domain.
6. To this end, recruitment of vigilante groups and hunters who will complement other security forces has commenced in earnest in all the LGAs of Edo State.
7. That government more than ever before, is determined to reduce and possibly stamp out the waves of kidnappings and killings that have pervaded the entire State within the last few weeks.
Government also affirmed that it will deal decisively with groups or individuals that will want to sabotage its efforts in this renewed vigour and determination to ensure safety of lives and properties of all law abiding citizens in the state.