The Nigerian government has successfully secured the release of 23 remaining hostages captured by Terrorists during a deadly train attack in Kaduna earlier this year.
This was revealed by the Secretary of the Chief of Defence Staff Action Committee, Usman Yusuf.
Yusuf said that the hostages were released at about 4pm on Wednesday.
He said that the committee secured and took the custody of the victims who were kidnapped by Boko Haram terrorists during an attack on a passenger train in Kaduna on March 28, 2022.
“I am pleased to announce to the nation and the world that at 1600Hrs. (4:00pm) today, Wednesday 5-10-2022, the seven-man Presidential Committee assembled by the Chief of Defense Staff (CDS), General Leo Irabor, secured the release and took custody of all the 23 remaining passengers held hostage by Boko Haram Terrorists following the attack on the Abuja to Kaduna train on 28-3-2022.”
“The nation owes a debt of gratitude to the Nigerian Military under the leadership of the CDS who conceived and guided the operation. from start to finish.”
“All sister Security Agencies and the Federal Ministry of Transportation contributed immensely to this Operation,” Yusuf said.