The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal will today decide the fate of Bola Tinubu, Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi after five months of political fisticuffs.
Atiku (PDP) and Obi (Labour Party) had dragged Tinubu to court after his declaration as winner of the 2023 presidential election by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
As Nigerians anxiously await the verdict of the tribunal, Politics Nigeria has compiled a list of seven options before the court today.
1. Affirm Tinubu’s election on the ground that infractions observed during the polls were not enough to invalidate the outcome.
2. Disqualify Tinubu, nullify his election and declare Atiku as winner.
3. Annul Tinubu’s election and declare Obi as winner.
4. Cancel the elections and order a fresh poll among the 18 candidates.
5. Cancel the elections and order a re-run between the best two.
6. Order a re-run between Tinubu and Atiku.
7. Order a re-run between Atiku and Obi
Five justices who’ll decide Tinubu’s, Atiku’s, Obi’s fate.